Online Deal Only
The CURT A20™ 5th wheel hitch offers smoother, quieter towing for your home-away-from-home, combining the patented technology of our A-series™, an easier mounting system and the power of a 20K 5th wheel hitch.
Like our A16™ hitch, this 20K 5th wheel hitch uses a patented cast yoke to allow for unimpeded head movement, while providing exceptional stability for the trailer. The yoke has a set of poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce excessive noise, and the head features high-strength, interlocking jaws to give the trailer stability and the freedom to pivot and swivel as needed. The A20™ is also fast and simple to operate. It has a lockable, single-throw handle that self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling, and it is equipped with a coupling indicator that shows the coupling status.
This 20K 5th wheel hitch comes with the CURT R20™ slider and the CURT OEM puck system 5th wheel slider adapter. It is designed to be mounted on a Ram short-bed pickup with the truck bed puck system. Using a set of quarter-turn anchors, the adapter quickly and easily drop into the pucks, instantly mounting the A20™ hitch and slider and equipping the truck for 5th wheel towing.
Once installed, the R20™ slider allows for added clearance when making tight turns with your trailer. CURT 5th wheel sliders are true rolling units, meaning they actually roll on wheels that bear the weight of the trailer rather than simply sliding on hollow rods as seen in competitive models. With a thick operating handle, the roller smoothly rolls the 5th wheel head forward and back, locking securely into each position as desired. CURT sliders also provide up to 12″ of displacement as well, unlike the more common 10″, to give you a wide range of motion and plenty of space to get your RV or other 5th wheel trailer around any turn.
This A20™ hitch with puck system slider is only intended to fit the Ram puck system and cannot be installed without it.
- Finish CARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) 20,000 LB
- Head Series A-Series
- Hub Warehouse D25
- Installation Height 19 IN – 23 IN
- Part Type 5th Wheel Hitch
- Shipping Freight Only
- Shipping Weight 325.50
- Superceded by Item 16695
- Vertical Load 5,000 LB
- Warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Fits Ram short-bed pickups with the OEM truck bed puck system
- Quarter-turn anchoring system provides quick installation and removal
- Adjustable anchors to eliminate chucking between the legs and puck system
- R20 5th wheel slider #16550 provides 12″ of travel in the truck bed
- Lockable handle self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling
- Cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce noise
- Fully articulating torsion head for controlled coupling and stable towing
- High-strength, interlocking jaws fully wrap the kingpin to minimize noise
- Extra-wide head opening for easier coupling
- Fast, one-pin head removal makes moving the hitch easy
- Three-position coupling indicator is clearly visible from the truck cab
- Compatible with kingpin extension boxes, including common pivoting pin boxes
- Includes a polyethylene lube plate to eliminate messy grease deposits
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Patent# 8,827,298
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes A20 5th wheel hitch head #16540, R20 slider #16550 and Ram puck system adapter #16022 (requires Ram puck system for installation)
- Intended for short-bed trucks. Each truck-trailer configuration is different. Be sure to review each configuration and always ensure adequate trailer-to-cab clearance when maneuvering.
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component